Re: Uploading linux (3.9.4-1)

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

> On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 14:03 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> >
>> > Okay.

>> > I think we should do a 3.8 upload to unstable. Lets see if I got some
>> > time to do some cleanups for 3.9.
>>
>> There is also the armmp introduction to do.
> [...]
>
> The 3.8.y branch is over, so I think we have to move to 3.9, ready or
> not.  I merged the work in progress from trunk to sid and am going
> through the config changes at the moment.
>
> I'm rather disappointed that nothing at all has been committed by ARM
> porters to either branch in the last month.

I've some armmp debs for quite some time but I was waiting for some omap
changes. Even after backporting about ~30 patches for usb, it's still
missing some required stuff even in -next (missing clocks omap support)
and merging so many patches for no income would be a bad idea.

Also, I wanted to test it on ipa.d.o but we've yet to understand how to
do that (no one to blame, it's just taking more time than I expected).

> Anyway, I'm planning to upload 3.9.4-1 tomorrow (Saturday).  Let me know
> if there are any imminent changes I should wait for.

I'll kill the omap related patches and merge the other armmp related
changes then. The omap users will get something working but no usb. At
least, my openblocks and imx53qsb boards seems to be happy. For sunxi
boards, people will be able to boot an initrd and use the serial port
but that's all because of missing support in mainline.

vexpress doesn't seem to work but it looks like it's rather an issue on
qemu side than on kernel. It's also possible that I did something wrong
when testing it.

Arnaud