Updating NetXen NX3031 flash firmware on Debian - nx3fwct.bin issue

To whom it may concern,

I have an HP Proliant ML370 G6 running Debian Squeeze 64bit, whose networking card is a NetXen NX3031.

After an OS upgrading to Debian Wheezy, the networking card didn't work anymore. I found I had to update the networking card flash ROM firmware and managed to update it; you can see the procedure I followed on this thread: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=103825&p=497081#p497081 .

On that thread you can find some modifications to the updating scripts in order to make it compatible with a Debian installation, which could be of your interest.

Now the network card works using Wheezy kernel (3.2) and Wheezy firmware-netxen package without problems, but dmesg shows me a "missing firmware" message:

[    1.540062] netxen_nic 0000:06:00.0: firmware: agent aborted loading nx3fwct.bin (not found?)

I found that QLogic distributes this driver as a RPM package under http://ldriver.qlogic.com/firmware/netxen_nic/4.0.588/ , so I converted the RPM to DEB and installed it using alien;
but at the reboot the dmesg error didn't disappear ( as I wrote on this thread: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=104086&p=497200 ). Is it a bug? Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

--

Maurizio De Santis
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER

In ottemperanza al Dlgs. 196/2003 sulla tutela dei dati personali, le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono strettamente riservate e sono esclusivamente indirizzate al destinatario; qualsiasi uso, o divulgazione dello stesso è vietata. Nel caso in cui abbiate ricevuto questo messaggio per errore. Vi invitiamo ad avvertire il mittente al più presto e a procedere all'immediata distruzione dello stesso.

According to Italian law Dlgs. 196/2003 concerning privacy, information contained in this message is confidential and intended for the addressee only; any use, copy or distribution of same is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, you are requested to inform the sender as soon as possible and immediately destroy it.