Re: Branches post-wheezy

>> Your decision. However, as backports is now the same dak instance as the
>> main archive, -master should be able to find a way to make this without
>> the overhead.
> You mean, simply copying the testing packages into backports if their
> dependencies are met within stable+backports?  That would be nice.
> Would you like to work on dak for a while?

Thats not a problem of dak. Well, dependency checks would need some
code, but moving from one to the other is what we do daily for
testing. This would just be another suite to move from and to.

The more interesting parts to tackle are

 - the policy of backports suites doesn't allow this.
 - Backports having a certain version number schema does help a lot for
   users to see which they have installed with a simple dpkg -l.

Those are things you want to discuss with the backports team, probably
using their mailinglist.

When thats done and they want it, we are at debian-dak@ldo to discuss
how to best do it technically. :)

--
bye, Joerg
2.5 million B.C.: OOG the Open Source Caveman develops the axe and