Re: Auto-loading lxfb on OLPC XO systems

Hi,

Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> (20/04/2013):
> On Sat, 2013-04-20 at 03:28 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> [x86 XO systems need a framebuffer driver which udev blacklists]
> > This will result in a regression when upgrading one of these
> > systems from squeeze.  (Although I don't think Debian kernel
> > images have ever had complete support for them.)
> >
> > I've opened bug #705784 for this against udev, and Marco has said
> > he's willing for me to NMU it.  Alternately, in the kernel, I can
> > revert the change to a module, or rename the module to evade the
> > blacklist, but neither of those is particularly nice.  But I think
> > any kernel changes now are going to be too disruptive to the
> > installer.
>
> A udev change might still be considered too disruptive in any case;
> CCing Cyril to see if he has any strong opinions.

if that's just about updating debian/patches/extra_modprobeconf to
remove the “blacklist lxfb” line, please go ahead with a udev NMU, and
subsequent unblock/unblock-udeb/urgent.

I'd rather avoid having to deal with a linux upload if that can be
avoided, as Ben correctly guessed.

Mraw,
KiBi.