Re: updated kernel and two name of package

Dear dude,

On Wed, Feb 06, 2013 at 06:55:41AM +0330, Mohsen Pahlevanzadeh wrote:

> Nowadays, i see my friend who use FC, ubuntu and other distro which have
> updated kernel : 3.7.2
> But sid has 3.2.0-4-686-pae , I have a solution:
> You can invided your user into two part:
> 1. users want to use stable kernel
> 2. users want to use driver (same me) but likes debian and don't want to
> leave debian and dont migrate to other distro.
> So, you can create 2 names of kernel package for dependency and
> upgrade.When you use 2 names, all of packaging problem will be solved.

Just add experimental to your sources list and you have a 3.7.X linux
image ready to install.

It has allways been the case that we use unstable to migrate things
to testing. Newer linux will hit unstable once 7.0 is released.

Have a good day,

--
maks