Re: Linux 3.2: backports some features from mainline kernel (3.7)?

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 03:46:14PM +0100, daniel curtis wrote:
> Hi,

> Mr Cyril Brulebois suggested, that a better place to ask this question
> is a debian-kernel@ mailing list. It is pretty the same question - just
> copied.
>
> Kernel 3.7 is officially out. This Linux release includes many improvements
> practically in every aspect. Many changes also concerns security. Very
> interesting are: Cryptographically-signed kernel modules

This seems to be too big a change to make now.  And there is already
'sysctl kernel.modules_disabled=1'.  That provides the same or greater
security, though it is not as convenient (you have to load all the
modules you may need first).

> and - long awaited -
> symlink and hardlink restrictions (already in Linux 3.6), but it broke some
> programs, so it has been disabled by default, right?
[...]

Already backported and enabled by default in the Debian package.

                                                              - Albert Camus