linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 fails to boot on squeeze

Hi

Having (forced) installed presented updates and restarted, my system failed to boot (twice), leaving me with a blinking cursor. (Reversion to 2.26 via start menu was successful).

I do not know if this is a bug or misoperation; the day before when presented with some backports I responded 'Yes' instead of 'No' by accident when trying to accept them, so its possible I did not have essential prerequisites pre-installed when upgrading to 3.2.

Can send log file or perform reruns

regards

John Gartside