Re: amd64 as default architecture

On 05/20/2012 10:16 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Does anyone see a problem with the above, in particular points 1 and 2?

I agree with all you said (you know better than I), but what
I would really love to see would be the installer warning
people when they try to install the i386 version on a 64 bits
capable machine.

Yes, it's a bit stupid, but some users still don't understand
that amd64 arch also works on Intel! A very simple debconf menu
in the installer, explaining what's going on, would solve the issue.

Just my 2 cents,

Thomas