Re: Architecture qualification for wheezy - status of Linux kernel

On Sun, May 06, 2012 at 11:24:48PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> * s390/s390x: Actively supported upstream by IBM.

Sometimes to actively supported. :-)

>                                                    Only runs in virtual
> machines,

It runs in three different environments: Bare hardware, LPAR and VM.
However the environments don't differ that much. The hardware usualy
have two hardware assisted virtualisation layers; LPAR is the first and
used on almost every machine, z/VM or kvm is the second.

> * powerpc
> There is no Debian kernel maintainer for powerpc.  I also see a problem
> of hardware availability for prospective maintainers (no new PowerPC
> Macs since 2006; PS3 'OtherOS' support removed in 2010).  I am unsure
> whether this port should be included in wheezy.

Debian have access to at least one Power7 machine located at OSUOSL. The
machine list shows three LPAR running on it.

Bastian

--
There's coffee in that nebula!
		-- Capt. Kathryn Janeway, Star Trek: Voyager, "The Cloud"