Re: Doubut about machine hanging with reboot or shutdown

Hi Nelson,

Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:

> Just a quick doubt about a machine that hangs/freezes when rebooting or
> shutting down: should we report a bug against the kernel (so some quirk
> could be included on it) or it's a problem that the user should fix?
> (by testing the reboot= parameters and setting the one that works)

Please file a bug.  We want the kernel to work out of the box, and if
you're lucky it could be a sign of a worse problem. :)

Testing with the reboot= parameters seems like a good idea as part of
gathering information for that bug report, of course.

Thanks,
Jonathan