Re: Adding armhf vexpress udebs

Hello Aurélien,

Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net> (19/10/2012):
> I have recently realized that the vexpress flavour of the armhf
> kernel has been added without providing the corresponding
> udebs. Hence it means that we support this platform (I guess mainly
> because it's a QEMU emulated board) at the kernel level, but we
> don't provide any way to install it.
>
> The patch below fixes this issue, and as you can see it is almost
> trivial. It's based on the mx5 flavour, with some minor tweaks at
> the USB level (this platform don't provide USB support) and at the
> NIC level (to provide a udeb containing the default NIC). Then it
> should be quite easy to add debian-installer support for this
> flavour.
>
> Is such a patch acceptable, despite the freeze? If yes please tell
> me when it can be committed.

sorry for the huge lag, and thanks for the prod.

From a d-i point of view, this is more than welcome. I haven't
reviewed the patch itself yet, but you can commit it right now,
as d-i wheezy beta 4 has just been released. Just remember to
keep us posted if some issues are detected in the upcoming days,
so that we don't release d-i wheezy rc1 with a buggy vexpress
support. ;-)

Mraw,
KiBi.