Re: Linux kernel crash (3.2.0-2-amd64) when trying to play audio CD

Hi Borislav!

On Mon, 17 Sep 2012 19:23:45 +0200, Borislav Petkov <bp@amd64.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 02:58:25PM +0200, Borislav Petkov wrote:
> > Here's the script, let me know how it goes:
>
> Here's a more correct version. I'm not saying yours won't work based
> on the rdmsr and setpci output on your box, but here's a version which
> should pay attention to one other workaround and work on all K8s.

Thanks for that.  I invoke it from /etc/rc.local, and then get:

    $ sudo setpci -s 18.0 0x68.l
    0f20cc0f
    $ sudo rdmsr 0xc001001f
    100000008

Previously that was:

    $ sudo setpci -s 18.0 0x68.l
    0f00cc0f
    $ sudo rdmsr 0xc001001f
    8

However, putting in that one audio CD still crashes the machine:
<http://schwinge.homeip.net/~thomas/tmp/linux-crash-audio-cd-2.jpeg>.
Original (identical, from a quick glance) MCE is at
<http://schwinge.homeip.net/~thomas/tmp/linux-crash-audio-cd.jpeg>.

Grüße,
 Thomas