Re: [RFR] templates://firmware-nonfree/{templates/templates.license.in}

Christian PERRIER wrote:
>> Sorry, Christian, this is a (particularly fiddly) en_GB-versus-en_US
>> spelling rule difference.
>
> Ah, doh. Just learned something (which I'll probably forget soon)..:-)
>
> So no double "l" in en_US?

In en_GB, the general rule is that a final short vowel plus single
consonant doubles the consonant when you add a suffix starting with a
vowel; some letters (K, S, R) misbehave, but L is regular, so we have
"cancelled traveller's cheques".

Americans think that rule isn't complicated enough, so they only apply
it for L in stressed syllables!  Thus "canceled traveler's checks",
but "controllable" and "dispelling".  The idea, I suppose, is that
this is closer to how R behaves.

I think this means our d-l-e review boils down to: