Re: drm backport to 3.2

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Julien Cristau wrote:

> I've pushed to
> git://anonscm.debian.org/git/users/jcristau/linux 3.2.y+drm3.4.y
> a backport of the drm subsystem from 3.4.y to the 3.2.y kernel.  It
> works for me so far on a box with intel gm45 graphics, but the only
> other hardware I have is an old intel 945gm, so I'd appreciate testing
> by others.  In particular I'd be interested in regression (or not)
> reports for systems where the current sid kernel works fine, and testing
> on newer hardware that is not (or not so well) supported in sid right
> now.

Wouldn't it make sense to use the new compat-drivers stuff for this
instead of a seperate backporting effort (aka formerly compat-wireless)?

https://backports.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.do-not-panic.com/2012/08/automatically-backporting-linux-kernel.html

The linux-next-based snapshots already contain support for the DRM
subsystem.

c'ya
sven-haegar

--
Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- Ben F.