Re: Byte queue limits in Linux for wheezy / linux kernel ABI bumps

On Sun, Aug 05, 2012 at 07:43:50PM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 10:06:48PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > A possible solution would be something like:
> > 1. Keep multiple versions of udebs in the same suite (currently possible
> > for arch:all, but maybe not supported for arch-dependent packages)
> Breaks the expectations within d-i. This is listed on my TODO.
> > 4. Make anna try older package versions if dependencies can't be reolved
> > for the newest version
> Versions in dependencies will be ignored.

The packages stuff used in d-i is limited. It only allows one version of
a package, which produced problems with cdebootstrap. In addition it
disallows several other constructs: Breaks, Conflicts and ignores all
versions in relations.

I have the problem with multiple version on my list for a larger
rewrite, which will make it need more memory. It can't be fixed in a
backward compatible way.

Bastian

--
The sight of death frightens them [Earthers].
		-- Kras the Klingon, "Friday's Child", stardate 3497.2