cdc_ether, Huawei E173u-2, wrong MAC address of packets vs wwan0

Hi,

I hope this is acceptable to post this kind of thing here. I've got a
problem with Huawei E173u-2 modem. I've found only one more case on the
Internet [1]. It isn't a full solution though, rather a workaround.

When using RNDIS wwan0 interface has MAC address 02:50:f3:00:00:00 while
packets coming from Internet have destination MAC address set to
00:01:02:03:04:05. So the workaround is to set wwan0 MAC to that value.

Is there anything that can be done inside the module (cdc_ether I
suppose) so that it becomes more consistent and both packets and wwan0
have the same MAC address without changing MAC manually? Or maybe there
is something wrong with the hardware?

[1] https://groups.google.com/d/topic/comp.os.linux.hardware/BBiXbAZYfYA/discussion

--
Marcin Szewczyk                       http://wodny.org