Re: cross compile kernel with deb-pkg

Am 06.06.2012 01:08, schrieb Marcus Osdoba:
Recently I tried to cross compile a kernel (package) with "make
ARCH=<target> CROSS_COMPILE=<target-triplet>- deb-pkg

That worked well for 2.6.32 kernels from squeeze. But the 3.2 kernels
from wheezy/backports fail with:

[..]
Since cross compiling (pacakges) is possible with squeeze kernels, but
not with those from wheezy, I'm not sure, if this feature was
intentionally dropped, because everybody should use a qemu-binfmt backed
pbuilder nowadays..?

Because the conversion in [0] ended, I guess the issue is still open.
Is it possible to re-enable cross building the kernel with deb-pkg?
Or a commandline option to supress generating the header-pkg ?

Thanks and kind regards,
Marcus

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2011/01/msg00494.html