Re: Processed: reassign 676001 to busybox

[Adding debian-devel@ to the Cc list]

Short story (and it is short): the bug has been filed
against initramfs-tools initially, it is about how
/proc and /sys filesystem should be handled in initramfs
when switching to new root.  Original reporter included
a trivial patch for initramfs that does re-mounting of
these filesystems.  Max reassigned it to busybox without
giving any reasonings or comments whatsoever.  I explained
that it is none of switch_root business, in
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=676001#24 ,
and asked to not reassign bugs without giving a word of
explanation.  After a few days of inactivity I reassigned
this bug back to initramfs, per my explanation.  Now max
reassigned it back.

On 08.06.2012 14:49, Debian Bug Tracking System wrote:
> Processing commands for control@bugs.debian.org:
>
>> reassign 676001 busybox
> Bug #676001 [initramfs-tools] initramfs-tools: busybox's switch_root doesn't handle /proc or /sys moving
> Bug reassigned from package 'initramfs-tools' to 'busybox'.

Wonderful.

I asked you nicely a) to stop reassigning without explanation,
and b) to provide some comments about why do you think it is
a busybox isue, at the same time providing my reasoning why
it is not.

After you failed to provide any comments, I reassigned it back
to initramfs-tools.

And you, 2nd time in a row, does the same: reassigning it back
to bysubox (where, as I described before, it does not belong to),
and gives neither explanation nor any comments/answers to my
reasoning.

So I've no other "solution" but to tag this as wontfix in busybox,
because I think it is not where it should be fixed, as per my
previous explanation.  Mind you, this "solution" does not help
users at all.

/mjt