booting rootfs with linux-image-vexpress in qemu 1.0~ from harddisk image

Hello Mailinglist,

I'm not sure, if this is worth a bug report, but recnetly I tried to boot a multistrapped wheezy armhf system in qemu from squeeze-backports.

The qemu command line included the -hda option but the vexpress kernel wasn't able to find /dev/sda or /dev/hda.

The system dropped to busybox command line and I didn't see an sda or hda device when runnign dmesg there.

One should never draw conclusions in bug reports, but when browsing the kernel config posted for the original vexpress wish (#670462), there is an nfsrootfs configured in CMDLINE option. So I guess the requestor checked that with a rootfs over network but not from qemu's local harddisk?!

Best regards,
Marcus