Re: Linux features for wheezy

Ian Campbell <ijc@hellion.org.uk> writes:

Hi,

> On Sun, 2012-06-03 at 19:48 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> hOn Sun, 2012-06-03 at 15:42 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:

>> > Is dreamplug support in the kirkwood flavour still a possibility? It
>> > required an ABI bump which is why it hasn't been done yet.
>>
>> I've lost track of the status of that.
>
> I've done the (mostly trivial) backport to 3.2 and am running it day to
> day, it was basically pending an ABI bump due to the requirement to
> enable the DT config option.
>
>> Is there a bug report for it?
>
> I don't think so, I'll double check and file one if not.
>
> Can we also install the DTB files on armel, i.e. something like
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2012/04/msg00571.html ? Shall I
> make that a separate bug?

I'm still unsure about dtb vs dtc+dts but I guess that having to deal
with a conflict with the dtc package would not be "fun".

btw, what about f-k side ? I was also wondering about suggesting to add
some dummy bytes on kirkwood when not appending a dtb [ if we enable
ARM_APPENDED_DTB ] to make sure that memory garbage is not detected as a
dtb. wdyt ?

>> We can certainly have an ABI bump before release; in fact several of the
>> other features I listed would require it.  We should do that sooner
>> rather than later.
>>
>> > I think Arnaud had another kirkwood platform he was interested in,
>> > i-connect or some such?

yeah, i-connect. Landed in linus tree some days ago.

Arnaud