Re: Allow building a subset of flavous in kernel/udeb build

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 20:37 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When doing kernel packaging bits work I often find it useful to hack the
> package to only build a subset of the normal flavours (for speed etc).

You can fairly easily build individual binary packages using the targets
defined in debian/rules.gen.

> However since udeb support was added this has stopped working (example
> below for building only the kirkwood flavour on armel). The problem is
> that we are still trying to build the udebs for flavours which are not
> enabled and hence can't find the files.

Right.  And I would like to be able to test building udebs for just one
flavour.  That bit is definitely useful.

[...]
> Is it possible that the same issue exists for disabling featuresets? I
> didn't look.

Theoretically, but the installer never uses such a kernel configuration.

Lowery's Law:
             If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.