Re: Please Add Marvell mv78xx0 flavour

On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 14:55 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 04:20:20AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> >>Right.  But I look at these two configurations and cannot understand the
> >>reasoning behind the driver selection.
> >>
> >>They have PCI, but a lot of PCI drivers disabled.  I assume this is
> >>because there are no PCI slots?  If that is the case then there are a
> >>whole lot more PCI drivers that cannot be used and should be disabled,
> >>which will cut the compile time down significantly.
> >
> >Ah, no. They have PCI slots and could probably support most PCI
> >things, I just didn't consider that so far, basing on config.orion5x.
> >Is it preferred to add everything that might work for these boards, or
> >acceptable to go for a more minimal config to help reduce build time?
>
> Ping?

I will apply your configuration to unstable now, but I think we need to
review which drivers should be enabled.  I realise you're trying to
match the existing 'orion5x' but let's not compound the mistake.

If you still want this flavour to be added to stable as well then, as
with any stable update, you need to open a bug report.

Your descriptions weren't consistent.  The flavour is 'mv78xx0' but you
used 'DB-78x00-DP' (1 x) in the long description.  Then the short
description said 'Feroceon', but that's just the CPU core and it is also
used in the kirkwood and orion5x flavours.  So I changed those all to
'78xx0'.

Lowery's Law:
             If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.