Re: Possible support for openvz also in the next version of stable

Hi Ben and Pavel

Thanks a lot. Then I think I know the way forward. We will create a
repository (either on debian.net or keep the one on openvz.org) and
put the kernels there. I will document this in the vzctl and vzquota
packages to give further instructions.

Pavel, do this sounds good to you.

Best regards,

// Ola

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 05:19:40AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 18:23 +0100, Ola Lundqvist wrote:
> [...]
> > > My offer of help in setting up an OpenVZ APT repository still stands.
> >
> > I thank a lot for that offer. Where would we have that repository in that
> > case? The openvz project have a (debarchiver based) repository at
> > http://ftp.openvz.org/debian. It is only for etch but can easily be changed
> > to include later versions. It was set up for how it was at the time when
> > there were no Debian maintained kernels with openvz patches.
> >
> > The best (from an user trust point of view I guess) would be that we have
> > the repository somewhere on the debian machines, but there is no problem to
> > keep having a repository in the openvz ftp.
>
> It probably could not be hosted by Debian, but as a DD you should be
> able to allocate a domain under debian.net for this purpose.
>
> > I have no problem to help you with the maintenance of such a
> > repository (I guess).
>
> I am only offering to help you and the OpenVZ project get started with
> this.  If no-one is prepared to be a primary maintainer for such a
> repository then this surely isn't going to work.
>
> > The repository would most likely include the "alienized" rhel6 versions
> > of the kernel. I guess such packages can not be included in the main
> > repository. Or would that be an option?
>
> No, they would not comply with Debian packaging policy or have security
> support from Debian.
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> Ben Hutchings
> If you seem to know what you are doing, you'll be given more to do.

/  ola@inguza.com                    Annebergsslingan 37        \
|  opal@debian.org                   654 65 KARLSTAD            |
|  http://inguza.com/                Mobile: +46 (0)70-332 1551 |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36 4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9  /