Re: squeeze, linux-source-3.2, aufs, stucks ...

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 10:35 +0100, Florian Rehnisch wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  10:11:33 flori@isang ~/src/linux-debian/linux-source-3.2 0% make
> [...]
>   CC [M]  fs/aufs/module.o
> In file included from fs/aufs/aufs.h:45,
>                  from fs/aufs/module.c:25:
> fs/aufs/file.h: In function ‘au_vm_prfile_set’:
> fs/aufs/file.h:290: error: ‘struct vm_area_struct’ has no member named ‘vm_prfile’
> make[2]: *** [fs/aufs/module.o] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [fs/aufs] Error 2
> make: *** [fs] Error 2
>  10:19:17 flori@isang ~/src/linux-debian/linux-source-3.2 2%
>
> bug, or am I missing something?
[...]
> CONFIG_AUFS_PROC_MAP=y
[...]

The help text says:

"
        To address this issue, aufs provides a patch which introduces a
        new member called vm_prfile into struct vm_are_struct. The patch
        is meaningless without enabling this configuration since nobody
        sets the new vm_prfile member.
"

But that patch is *not* included in the 'standalone' version of aufs,
and I do not intend to apply it.  So this option cannot work.

Horngren's Observation:
                   Among economists, the real world is often a special case.