Bug#591622: boot failure with acpi enabled
Ian Goodacre wrote:
>> On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 21:21 +1200, Ian Goodacre wrote:
>>> Subject: linux-image-2.6.32-5-amd64: boot failure with acpi enabled
> OK - I reported this upstream:
The main detail learned upstream seems to be that init=/bin/bash
avoids trouble, so maybe the responsible component is some module that
is not loaded automatically by the initramfs.
Doesn't seem to have gone anywhere aside from that, alas.
- do you still have access to this hardware?
- are you still interested in pursuing debugging this, or are you
sick of it?
- please attach full "dmesg" output from a successful boot with ACPI
enabled, if possible.
- please attach output from
"reportbug --template linux-image-$(uname -r)".
- how are you coping these days? Does acpi=off still reliably work
around it? If we can find a less invasive workaround, that would
also have the side-effect of narrowing down which component is
- if you can get it, a log of the failure (if it shows up in
/var/log/dmesg* in the next boot, or from a serial console or
netconsole) would be very useful
- please attach "acpidump" output
- what versions have you tested? Was this a regression? Does 3.2.1
from sid still exhibit it?
- any other clues or weird symptoms?
Sorry for the long silence, and hope that helps,