Re: [Fwd: Latest kernel stable/longterm status]

Hi,

I'm just an end-user but personally I would prefer to see Wheezy release with a more recent kernel than 3.2. If Wheezy freezes in June linux 3.4 might already be released. When Wheezy releases there will be a 3.5 and likely even a 3.6.

Having a more recent kernel (like 3.4) will result in having support for a lot more recent hardware, and possibly more features.

Some of the later fixes might also be easier to backport to a more recent kernel.

But I have absolutely no experience in maintaining a distribution kernel and have no idea on what requires the most work (doing stable updates or backporting drivers), so I could be wrong.

Regards.

Rik