Bug#650119: fails to boot on HP DL380 g4
- To: Peter Verschoor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#650119: fails to boot on HP DL380 g4
- From: Jonathan Nieder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 13:23:07 -0600
- Message-id: <20120111192307.GF3005@burratino>
- Reply-to: Jonathan Nieder <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <CANT-D+8T2EfEM4aaie6u_qCUOWmWU3SLWECS1iCxcBuqLnJJtA@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CANT-D+9PjFrpmZLr3_Db75VJqRdhL6d-6irEWLdCn3xqKOhsxg@mail.gmail.com> <20120111093104.GA31733@burratino> <CANT-D+8T2EfEM4aaie6u_qCUOWmWU3SLWECS1iCxcBuqLnJJtA@mail.gmail.com>
Peter Verschoor wrote:
> Looking through the dmesg output I see where it left the IRQ at
> 51. (It gets rerouted to 19 in the 3.1.1 kernel) Since the bug was
> triggered by the new code added to drivers/acpi/pci_irq.c, which in
> not present in the 3.0.x tree, it isn't too surprising that everything
> works. If you follow the axiom of DO NO HARM then I would say the the
> patch is a success as it didn't break anything.
Thanks, Pete. I had forgotten that 3.0 worked for you before (and
lacks d7f6169a, "ACPI: fix CONFIG_X86_REROUTE_FOR_BROKEN_BOOT_IRQS").
No reproducible bug means no need to fix.
Thanks for the gentle reminder.