Bug#652119: Bad pagetable 000f
- To: Jonathan Nieder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Bug#652119: Bad pagetable 000f
- From: Matthew Wakeling <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:24:52 +0000 (GMT)
- Message-id: <alpine.DEB.2.00.1201081309160.3024@localhost>
- Reply-to: Matthew Wakeling <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20111222192219.GA8650@elie.Belkin>
- References: <email@example.com> <20111222105412.GB7180@elie.Belkin> <alpine.DEB.2.00.1112221745200.15317@localhost> <20111222192219.GA8650@elie.Belkin>
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011, Jonathan Nieder wrote:
I'll have to physically attend the machine to do this, which won't happen
until January. Even then, testing will involve crashing my machine a few
times, so it won't be the first thing I do.
No problem; we can wait. Other tests that would be useful might include
(1) running memtest86+ and (2) trying the same workload using a livecd
with some other kernel, like the kernel of FreeBSD, to see if this is
likely to be a hardware bug or a kernel bug.
Just ran a 10 hour memtest86+, no problems found.
Could you point me in the direction of such a livecd please?
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
-- Philip K. Dick