Bug#599582: [2.6.30 -> 2.6.32 regression] no sound from Fujitsu Pi laptop unless headphones plugged in
retitle 599582 [2.6.30 -> 2.6.32 regression] no sound from Fujitsu Pi laptop unless headphones plugged in
tags 599582 + moreinfo
Jean-Louis Biasini wrote:
> No sound from the speaker but if I plug a jack into my laptop's
> headphone plug I get the sound from it.
> My driver is HDA intel on a pi 1505 fujitsu laptop
Summary of this bug so far:
- All reporters got no sound unless something is plugged into the
headphone jack. When headphones are plugged in, sound only goes
through the headphones, as you'd hope.
- Jean-Louis Biasini is using a Fujitsu Pi 1505 laptop.
A 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel from 2010-10-09 exhibits the problem.
A 2.6.35-trunk-amd64 kernel from the same time does not exhibit the problem.
- Jose Manuel Castroagudin is using a Fujitsu Pi 2515.
A 2.6.32-5-686 kernel from 2010-10-29 exhibits the problem.
A 2.6.30 kernel does not.
- Stas Zytkiewicz is using a Dell Inspiron 15.
2.6.32-27 exhibits the problem.
2.6.36 from experimental does not exhibit the problem.
snd-hda-intel.model=hp-dv5 also avoids trouble.
- Rafael Varela Pet is using a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pi 1505.
2.6.32-30 exhibits the problem.
A 2.6.26-2-amd64 kernel from the same time does not.
Next steps to move this forward:
1. Please attach output from the alsa-info.sh script with and without
headphones plugged in.
2. Trying some kernels between 2.6.32 and 2.6.35 from
http://snapshot.debian.org/ would help narrow down when the fix
Thanks again, and sorry for the trouble,