Re: UltraSPARC T3 kernel patches

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 07:23:28PM +0100, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> Thanks. I've built a test source package including all necessary
> patches and a test build is running now. Ben tells me, however, that
> 3.0.2 which includes all these patches and fixes is expected to come
> out on Monday, and will be uploaded to unstable shortly after that, so
> I don't think it makes sense to commit them as a separate patch set
> anymore.

It took a while, but the daily installer images [0] now include a
kernel which should support Niagara T3. David, if you could try it out
and report your findings, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank Ben and the rest of the
kernel team for their efforts on making installer udebs built directly
from Debian kernel package source. That means that in the future new
kernels will be available in the daily installer builds pretty much
immediately after the new Debian kernel package is uploaded.

[0] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org