Re: Symbolic links to kernel image files and initial RAM file system image files

> o  Eliminate symbolic links entirely and require boot loader hook
> scripts to edit their configuration files

As much as I would like to support this, what about embedded systems
where the bootloader is in flash and does not have a configuration file
in the root filesystem at all?  Right now, it is common to depend on
symlinks in such a situation to avoid forcing the user to have to
manually update the flash config.

I'm working today on an armel-based FreedomBox target using u-boot in flash.

Bdale