Re: aufs status in Linux

On 07/11/2011 03:06 AM, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 02:30:27AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need to clear something I'm not sure about. Will aufs continue to be
>> available in upstream kernel from kernel.org, or is there something new
>> that I should use instead?
>
> please read past discussions on the subject, this gets tiring.
>
> thanks

Hi Maximilian,

Thanks for your quick answer.

In fact, I have read the discussion in #627837 already, plus some
others, read that aufs is going to die, etc. And I can't make up my mind
with what's going to happen, if aufs will stay or not. I am not
interested in arguing, about bug severity and such, and I don't feel
like I know enough to be able to help with the kernel stuff, unfortunately.

I'm just seeking for advices and directions here. I wanted to know if,
in your opinion, I should aim at unionmount rather than aufs, if using
aufs right now is a bad idea, and if you think unionmount will be "soon"
available for me to play with.

A very quick answer would be enough...

If that pisses you off and you think I'm wasting your time, never mind,
and thanks for the huge kernel work.

Thomas Goirand (zigo)