Re: Increasing minimum 'i386' processor

Ben Hutchings writes ("Increasing minimum 'i386' processor"):
> The 486-class processors that would no longer be supported are:
> 1. All x86 processors with names including '486'

I'm still running the machine below, and it would be irritating to
have to replace it.

Perhaps a better approach would be to suggest that people with shiny
new hardware should be running amd64 kernels with i386 userland, or
even amd64 (with multiarch i386 for proprietary crap that isn't
available for amd64) ?

Ian.

processor	: 0
vendor_id	: CentaurHauls
cpu family	: 6
model		: 7
model name	: VIA Samuel 2
stepping	: 3
cpu MHz		: 533.401
cache size	: 64 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 1
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu de tsc msr cx8 mtrr pge mmx 3dnow
bogomips	: 1066.80
clflush size	: 32
cache_alignment	: 32
address sizes	: 32 bits physical, 32 bits virtual
power management: