Re: Increasing minimum 'i386' processor

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> Also possibly:
> 6. DM&P/SiS Vortex86 and Vortex86SX.  These supposedly have all
>    586-class features except an FPU, and we could probably keep FPU
>    emulation for them.

FWIW, I do run Debian on such systems albeit with a custom kernel.
Given those CPU tend to be used in an "embedded" context I guess
it's ok if the official kernel does not support them. But it would be
nice if Debian's userspace could be kept compatible. Not sure what this
requires though...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer