Need multiarch aware linux-libc-dev when using 'make deb-pkg'

I just upgraded to gcc-multilib 4.6.1-3 and found that APT
blew away /usr/include/asm without warning.  This directory
belongs to my locally-built 'linux-libc-dev' which is produced
using upstream kernel sources and 'make deb-pkg'.

I do local builds for testing upstream kernel commits relevant
to my Radeon GPU, and I typically run custom 'linux-image-*'
and 'linux-libc-dev' packages on an otherwise totally-Debian
system.  I also keep at least one Debian kernel installed in
case of extreme breakage/personal-stupidity.  As a workaround,
I have been able to install the multiarch-aware 3.0.0-4 version
of 'linux-libc-dev'; now I can successfully build xorg-server
locally without '/usr/include/asm/socket.h' missing.

Is this a bug in the upstream sources?  Does the Debian Kernel
Team maintain the "deb-pkg" target upstream?  If so, has the
Kernel Team provided a patch for multiarch-aware 'linux-libc-dev',
or does it have plans to do so?

If such a patch exists, could you direct me toward it so I can
give it a try?

Thanks,
Dave Witbrodt