Re: r8169 update for Debian 6.0 'squeeze'

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 03:55 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> We generally prefer to cherry-pick bug fixes and new hardware support,
> but there are so many interrelated changes to r8169 since 2.6.32 that
> this seems to be impossible.  So I've prepared a backport of r8169 from
> Linux 3.0.3, which is available in the git branch:
>
>     git://git.debian.org/kernel/linux-2.6.git squeeze
>
> The changes start after tag debian/2.6.32-35squeeze1.
>
> The kernel configuration files we use are at
> <http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/config/2.6.32-33/>.
[...]
> We would appreciate any help you can provide in testing this, and any
> advice on changes that should be added or reverted.

The point release is now scheduled for 8th October.  The kernel source
package must be finalised about 2 weeks before that.

There is now an official package (version 2.6.32-36) in the
'stable-proposed-updates' suite.  The amd64, i386 and powerpc binary
packages are all available for testing.  It failed to build for some
other architectures so we will be making at least one further upload
before the point release.

All extremists should be taken out and shot.