Renaming linux-2.6 source package, keeping bugs

Since Linux 3.x is a continuation of the 2.6.x series and not a major
change, there was no need to create a new source package for it.
However, we should now rename the source package to 'linux'.

Currently, most of our bugs are assigned to 'linux-2.6' or
'src:linux-2.6' so that version-tracking works across binary package
name changes.  But if we rename the source package as well, these bugs
will presumably be seen to apply only to versions before the name
change, or only after.  How can we avoid this?