Re: [powerpc] Fanspeed at 100% at mininal load

unarchive 603981
reassign 580832 initramfs-tools 0.94.4
forcemerge 603981 580832
quit

Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:

> I'm currently running unstable on my G5 Mac. I've just upgraded
> to the 3.0.0 kernel (from the debian package) and if I remove
> the "windfarm_core" line from /etc/modules, the machine boots
> up and runs without excessive fan noise.
>
> Looks like this is fixed, at least for my machine.

Thanks.  I'm merging this with the closed bug #603981, since even
though there is still potential for improvement (the world is a better
place with autoloading, instead of every initramfs hardcoding the same
thing), it is nicely documented in the initramfs-tools source and I am
not sure if anyone cares about it.

In other words, I'm marking this closed, but please feel free to fix it
anyway. :)

Regards,
Jonathan