Re: Scheduling of Debian 6.0.2

On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 16:55 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> I understand that the plan is to release the next stable update in 'late
> May', i.e. the next 10 days.

As you'll have noticed, that didn't happen.  We are now looking at
releasing 6.0.2 on June 25th, i.e. in a little over two weeks from now.

> I'm working on network driver updates to support new hardware, and I
> think that a reasonable amount of regression testing will require at
> least a week from now.  Please consider delaying the stable update so
> that there is time to include these updates in the installer after
> testing.

How are things going?  In order to ensure that we have time to get the
kernel available on all architectures and then perform a respin of the
installer to pull in the updated kernel, we work on a schedule of having
the kernel uploaded two weeks before the point release - for 6.0.2, that
would mean over the coming weekend.

Regards,

Adam