Bug#619827: linux-source-2.6.38: [linux-dvb] cx88-blackbird broken (since 2.6.37)
tags 619827 = upstream fixed-upstream
Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 17:06 +0200, Huber Andreas wrote:
>> Processes that try to open a cx88-blackbird driven MPEG device will hang up.
> Could you test whether this patch fixes the problem?
Thanks again. This and related problems should be fixed by
- 8a317a87 ([media] cx88: protect per-device driver list with device lock)
- 1fe70e96 ([media] cx88: fix locking of sub-driver operations)
- 1d6213ab ([media] cx88: hold device lock during sub-driver initialization)
- 344d6c6b ([media] cx88: protect cx8802_devlist with a mutex)
- 579b2b45 ([media] cx88: gracefully reject attempts to use unregistered
- f4bd4be8 ([media] cx88: don't use atomic_t for core->mpeg_users)
which are as of yesterday part of Linus's "master" branch fwiw.