Re: r8169 update for Debian 6.0 'squeeze'

On Sat, 2011-05-21 at 19:35 +0200, Francois Romieu wrote:
> Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> :
> [...]
> > We would appreciate any help you can provide in testing this, and any
> > advice on changes that should be added or reverted.
>
> Sure. What is the deadline ?
>
> I can not fetch from the aforementionned URI yet.
>
> $ cat .git/config
> [remote "debian"]
> 	url = git://git.debian.org/kernel/linux-2.6.git
> 	fetch = +refs/heads/r8169-test:refs/remotes/debian/r8169-test
>
> $ git fetch debian
> git.debian.org[0: 217.196.43.134]: errno=Connection timed out
> fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)
>
> No ping either.

Sorry, this is part of the Alioth service which is in the middle of an
upgrade.  I think it will be fully operational tomorrow.

> Actually a plain blob / tar of the relevant commits or a git over
> http access would be really welcome as my current home internet
> connection is rather poor (more "dropspot" than "hotspot").

I've pushed a branch with all proposed driver backports to my account on
kernel.org:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bwh/debian-linux.git netdev-test
http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bwh/debian-linux.git netdev-test
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/bwh/debian-linux.git netdev-test