Re: Introduction and greetings

Jeremiah C. Foster <jeremiah@jeremiahfoster.com> schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> My name is Jeremiah Foster and I thought I'd join this list to
> learn more about the process of creating a kernel for Debian.
>
> I thought I'd lurk at first, though I may have a question or two
> since I'd like to get to work creating a kernel for the TrimSlice.
> (The TrimSlice is a Tegra2 board.)
>
> I'm happy to do QA tasks and documentation (I'm a native English
> speaker and speak Swedish) so I'll try to contribute where I can.

Feel free to help with the bug triage if you're interested.
E.g. by repoking the status of forwarded bugs. If a bug is producible
with the upstream kernel and the Debian kernel doesn't deviate patchwise
we ask people to report it at bugzilla.kernel.org. This often leads to
the issue being fixed upstream, but sometimes there is no upstream
reaction.

You could ping the submitters if the issue been resolved in the mean
time - without the Bugzilla status being updated - or if it's still
present. It makes sense to reraise the issue upstream in such a case.

Cheers,
        Moritz