dm-crypt multi-threading

Hello,

It is advertised by a bugtracker entry [1] that kernel 2.6.30 features
multi-threading for dm-crypt, the patch was posted 2009 [2]
I did a fresh installation of debian 6.0.1 which contains
kernel 2.6.32-5-amd64.

It does not seems to do multi-threading:
- The underlying raid is capable of 210 MB/s (according to hdparm and dd)
- "dd if=/dev/mapper/md1_crypt of=/dev/zero bs=512k" only does
  110 MB/s while the CPU is 50% idle. Also, I only see one kcryptd
  using CPU in top, so there is no multi-threading

What is the issue with multi-threading? Did the debian team not
include the patch? Or is it even rejected in the vanilla kernel?
Or do I simply have to enable it by configuration?

I would really love to have my new 6.0.1. machine using multiple
cores.
If someone managed to get this working in an official update for 6.0.1
I would consider to donate a few EURs to that person :)
I don't want to wait another few years for Debian 7, my fileserver
performance has already been sucky for the past five years or so.

Thanks in advance!

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/246413
[2] http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=254eff771441f4ee7aa9cf770a6e4820492c9dab