Re: Debian linux-2.6 configs moved from http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/?

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 06:28:16PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> So merkel is now down and the KernelFAQ wiki pages all indicate that
> Debian linux-2.6 configs are on http://merkel.debian.org/~jurij/. Have
> they moved somewhere else or are Debian kernel configuration files no
> longer available on the web? The merkel URL is the first result for
> "debian kernel config" so it would be good to have a replacement.

I think we can generate all the config files with something like:

for arch in amd64 armel ...; do
    make -f debian/rules.gen setup_$arch
done
for dir in debian/build/build_*; do
    dir_base=$(basename $dir)
    cp $dir/.config config_${dir_base#build}
done

No cross-build tools should be needed for this.

> In addition this repository seems to be outdated, maybe something for
> some cleanup?
>
> http://kernel.alioth.debian.org/debian/

Yes, I never even knew that existed.

                                                              - Albert Camus