Re: security impact of nfsd4_op_flags

On Mon, 2011-03-28 at 17:36 +0800, Mi Jinlong wrote:

> dann frazier:
> > Mi,
> >  We were wondering if you could help us define the security impact (if
> > any) of your fix for nfsd4_op_flags, commit 5ece3ca upstream. If it
> > does have a security impact, we can work with MITRE to get a CVE ID
> > assigned.
> >

> The problem just affect NFS4.1, I can't meet some security impact.

I think the overlapping flag values may have caused a security flaw
because the flags are involved in protocol validation and the overlap
resulted in some flag tests succeeding where they should have failed.
Judging by the comments on what these flags mean, it seems like this
could cause at least a denial of service.  But perhaps not.