Re: Dropping 686 non-pae kernel

On 13/03/2011 18:07, Ben Hutchings wrote:
I think that one actually has PAE.  /proc/cpuinfo will tell you for
sure.

Unfortunately not.
flags: fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe up bts est tm2 In the past i read that there are different Dothan revisions: older have PAE disabled in hardware, like mine. :-(

You seem to have tested the loopback device - which has quite different
performance from real networking!

Yes, silly me. At home i've no network to test, only my ADSL modem, and hoped that using loopback some differences could be seen. But i've forgotten to write that important detail, sorry.

Put two sets of benchmark results in two files (one number per line).
ministat then calculates statistical measures of each set and a
comparison of the two sets.

Ok, will do, thank you.

Cesare.