Re: [kernel] r16958 - in dists/trunk/linux-2.6/debian: . bin config templates/temp.image.plain

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 15:50 +0000, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 05:44:45AM +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> > +
> > +# This has not yet been reviewed
> > +Template: linux-image-=V/postinst/ignoring-ramdisk
> > +Type: error
> > + Kernel packages will no longer run a specific ramdisk creator.  The
> > + ramdisk creator package should install a script in
> > + /etc/kernel/postinst.d.  Alternately, you can specify the command to
> > + create a ramdisk by setting the 'postinst_hook' variable in
> > + /etc/kernel-img.conf.
>
> Kill The last sentence, they are also deprecated, we should probably
> warn about them *now*.
>
> Plan is to really get rid of that file that nobody owns.

As you know, I had to revert this change because initramfs-tools was not
ready for removal of $ramdisk.

When I apply the change again I'll remove all mention of postinst_hook
and refer to the hook scripts policy page instead.