Re: Uploading linux-2.6 (2.6.32-31) for point release 6.0.1

On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 18:19 +0000, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:23:42AM +0000, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 04:53, Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> wrote:
> > > I know that I need to upload in time for the installer team to rebuild
> > > the installer with the new kernel version, addressing the known issues
> > > with the kernel used in 6.0.0.  Please could you let me know what the
> > > deadline is for that?
> >
> > It depends on the ETA for 6.0.1. I'd a week before the targeted date
> > assuming it builds fine on all arches. For a confort level, I'd say a
> > cuple of weeks like a good time for we to update the installer for it.
>
> OK, so what's the targeted date?

We're still working out the precise details, but the general plan is to
aim for 6.0.1 being during FTPMaster's upcoming meeting in Essen. That
starts on the 21st so, working backwards, two weeks would take us to the
coming weekend.

If it's possible to get the source upload in by the end of the weekend,
that would be great. Hopefully getting all the builds in for squeeze
quickly will be no problem; we sometimes ended up cutting things rather
fine in the past for lenny (e.g. arm taking several days to build and a
race condition somewhere in the build setup process which meant some
architectures needed three attempts at the build for some uploads).

Otavio: other than lkdi and the d-i build itself (which I guess could be
a binNMU this time?) which obviously need to come afterwards, are any of
your other proposed uploads dependent on the timing of the kernel
uploads?

Regards,

Adam