rt2860 driver, linux-image-2.6.37-1-686, firmware-ralink

To whom it may concern:

I am very grateful for all the work that each of you do.
I am a relatively new linux user. I am a laptop user, so my issue may not affect a large percentage of other debian users. I don't know if my question should be a bug report or not. I submitted a help guide on debian user forums regarding my issue here: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=60613

In a nutshell this is the problem I was experiencing:

In kernel 2.6.32-5-686 version 2.6.32-30 my wireless card worked properly after installing the firmware-ralink_0.28_all.deb package using the rt2860 driver
In kernel 2.6.37-1-686 my wireless card was not working properly using the rt2800 driver. The rt2800 driver was able to scan wireless networks but not able to connect.
I was able to compile the correct driver from source and got my wireless working again.
I noticed that the rt2860sta.ko driver found in kernel 2.6.32 is no longer found in kernel 2.6.37.

I am not familiar with how the kernel development process works within debian or the package maintainer system. It seems to me that the firmware-ralink_0.28_all.deb package will not be sufficient to get some wireless cards working properly. Please feel to correct me if I am wrong.

I once again thank you all very much and await your response.

Sincerely,

Ulsigem