Proposed kernel fixes on sparc for 6.0.1

Hello,

Late in the release cycle we found out that a kernel bug prevents
sparc machines with ATI graphics adapters using atyfb driver from
booting due to problems with console handover, causing it to hang
early during the boot (http://bugs.debian.org/602853). I thought
that this can be worked around by disabling framebuffer during boot,
however there was at least one report that this was not effective.

I would like to solicit kernel team's opinions on feasibility of
including the patch posted to the bug (committed upstream) in 6.0.1.
I've already built a patched kernel and made if available for testing
as a part of unofficial Squeeze installation image, and haven't heard
about any problems so far. Eventually we would need release team's
blessing as well, I guess.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org